COVID Info & Resources
Head of School, Chuck Baldecchi, and the COVID-19 Team have the health and safety of the Latin community as their top priority. A team of parent physicians comprises the Physicians Advisory Team that serves as an advisor to the school and to our nurses. We pledge to share updates and information with you in a transparent, timely manner.
- We continue to monitor the virus and are in touch with the Mecklenburg County Public Health Director, Gibbie Harris, who has up-to-the-minute information about COVID-19 and its impact in Charlotte.
- We are communicating with the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) for information and best-practice planning.
Do you have a question about COVID, the pandemic, or health and safety? Ask a Question.
Dr. Gee's Guide to COVID-19
Topher Gee, Upper School Science Teacher, shares insights into the current pandemic.
Links to the CDC, WHO, Mecklenburg County Public Health Department and more
Tips for Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands (Proper handwashing technique from the WHO).
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue (and then throw the tissue away).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick.
- Stay home and avoid being around others. If you have to leave home, maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Cover your mouth with a mask or cloth cover when in public (Mask information from the CDC).
- Get a flu shot.