COVID Info & Resources
Head of School, Chuck Baldecchi, and the COVID-19 Team have the health and safety of the Latin community as their top priority. We recently added a team of parent physicians in the role of advisors to the school and our nurses. We pledge to share updates and information with you in a transparent, timely manner.
- We continue to monitor the virus and are in touch with the Mecklenburg County Public Health Director, Gibbie Harris, who has up-to-the-minute information about COVID-19 and its impact in Charlotte.
- We are communicating with the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) for information and best-practice planning.
Do you have a question about COVID, the pandemic, or health and safety? Ask a Question.
Dr. Gee's Guide to COVID-19
Topher Gee, Upper School Science Teacher, shares insights into the current pandemic.
Links to the CDC, WHO, Mecklenburg County Public Health Department and more
Tips for Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands (Proper handwashing technique from the WHO).
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue (and then throw the tissue away).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick.
- Stay home and avoid being around others. If you have to leave home, maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Cover your mouth with a mask or cloth cover when in public (Mask information from the CDC).
- Get a flu shot.