Endowed funds are tax-deductible, donated funds placed in an investment account for Charlotte Latin School. Many endowed funds are donated for a specific purpose, e.g., to provide a professional development for teachers to advance their skills.
Endowed funds at Charlotte Latin:
- Honor legacies.
- Recognize the extraordinary impact the faculty has on students.
- Increase the breadth of diversity in the Latin community.
- Provide, in some cases, a CLS education to students who may otherwise not have this opportunity.
- Honor people in this community — past and present.
The significance of a named endowment is tremendous and receiving a named award or grant is a great honor. Charlotte Latin is grateful to the visionaries who enabled the following named endowments.
Market Values are as of June 30, 2019.
- Alma Award
- Alumni Endowment
- Barnhardt Minority Scholarship Fund
- The Bob and Mindy '78 Jones Endowment
- Bob Patten Award
- Carol G. Belk Fellowship Fund
- Class of ’95 Support Staff Awards
- The Collins Lower School Scholarship Fund
- Ed Goode Endowed Chair
- The Edward E. Ford Faculty Professional Development
- The Edward E. Ford Scholarship
- Elizabeth Price Van Every Scholarship Fund
- Faculty Endowment
- Foundation for the Future Faculty Endowment
- The Freno Scholarship
- Jane Bratton Spratt Awards
- John B. Stedman Memorial Teacher Recognition Endowment
- Malone Family Foundation Scholarship
- Peter Hunt Fincher Scholarship Fund
- Robison-Oates Counseling Endowment
- R.T. Dooley/Matthew 25 Scholarship Fund
- Rutherford Humanitarian Award
- Steve Howard Excellence in Coaching Award
- Wickham Award
- William Randolph Hearst Scholarship
100% Tax Deductible
Did you know that in 2021 you can deduct 100% of your donation if you itemize your taxes? Even if you don't itemize, you can deduct more in 2021.