Latin offers buses to a variety of locations in Charlotte.
Morning buses pick-up by 7:25 a.m. Afternoon buses leave campus at 1:40 p.m. (Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten) and 3:20 p.m. for students who do not participate in an after-school activity. Activity buses leave campus at 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Bus stops for the 2019-2020 school year are stationed at the following locations:
- Carmel Presbyterian Church
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Elevation Church Blakeney
- Freedom Park – Tennis Courts
- Harris YMCA
- Myers Park Country Club
- Myers Park United Methodist Church
- Providence United Methodist Church
- Trinity Presbyterian Church*
- Westminster Presbyterian Church
* no morning pick-up; afternoon and activity drop-off only
Bus Service Annual Fees 2019–2020
- Round Trip: $1340
- One Way: $870
- Activity Bus
- Lower School: $455 per semester
- Middle & Upper School: $295 per season (no charge if already paying round-trip fare)
Flekeda Gilliam joined Charlotte Latin as Facilities Assistant in 2019. Among her many roles, she coordinates bus transportation and textbook purchasing/buyback programs. Shecame to Latin after 13 years with Bank of America, where her most recent role was the Business Support Lead for the Risk Management Division.
Flekeda and her husband, James, have two daughters: Dominique, who graduated from Latin in 2018, and Karina ‘32. Flekeda loves planning and organizing activities. She currently volunteers and serves on the strategic team of Girl Talk Foundation, Inc. Her hobbies include reading, traveling and spending time with her family.