Safety & Security
The safety of our students is a top priority. Keycards, campus security cameras, and traffic controllers work together to ensure everyone on campus is safe. Latin's Director of Security is Major Dale Greene, a reserve officer for the Gastonia Police Department. In addition to overseeing all campus security, he leads the school's Crisis Response Team.
Major Greene's experience in law enforcement and safety includes:
- Degree in Criminal Justice from UNC–Charlotte
- Patrolman with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
- Special Operations with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department including:
- SWAT operator
- K-9 handler
- Chemical munitions instructor
- Civil disobedience specialist
- Commander, Special Operations Bureau
- Oversight of SWAT, Canine Unit, Bomb Squad, Civil Emergency Unit, Violent Criminal Apprehension Team, and Aviation Unit.
- Expertise in school violence and response to active aggression within schools