Enrichment Program Details
TK/K PICK-UP/DROP-OFF: Students will be picked up by a Hawks' Club teacher from their classrooms and will be taken to Hawks' Club and/or Lower School playground until their class begins. A snack will be provided. At the 3:10 dismissal, a teacher will take the students to front carpool, back carpool, 3:10 Bus, or Hawks' Club.
TK/K 3:10 PM BUS RIDERS: Registration through the transportation department is required.GRADES 1-5: -PICK-UP/DROP-OFF: Students will meet a Hawks' Club teacher at an assigned location to check attendance and have a snack. From there, the Hawks' Club teacher will take them to their registered class. Once the class is over, your child will be dismissed to front carpool (Library), Hawks' Club or the Lower School Christ Church/Trinity bus, which leaves campus at 4:30 p.m.
4:30 ACTIVITY BUS FOR TK-GRADE 5: Charlotte Latin offers a Lower School 4:30 p.m. Activity Bus for students who participate in all afterschool activities. Registration through the transportation department is required. You will have the opportunity to register for the activity bus in late July. A link to register will be emailed to you and posted on MyLatin. The bus drop-off locations are Christ Episcopal Church and Trinity Presbyterian Church.
TRANSPORTATION FEES AND CHANGES:
Transportation fees (per semester):
- 1 Day per week: $100
- 2 Days per week: $200
- 3 Days per week: $300
- 4 Days per week: $400
- 5 Days per week: $455
Please note the following information regarding transportation charges:
- If your family has already registered for roundtrip transportation, the cost of after-school transportation is waived.
- If you have ONLY registered and paid for one-way morning transit, you will be required to pay the fee based on the schedule below.
- If you have not registered at all with the Transportation Office, you will need to register and pay the cost of after-school transit.
Please contact Flekeda Gilliam (704-846-7250) with questions.
SNACKS: We will provide snacks for the children. If your child has any food restrictions, please make a note of it on the registration form and notify Freya Hamilton prior to their first class. Please know we are a peanut-free program.
ALLERGIES: Please make a note on the registration form and also notify Mrs. Hamilton if your child has any anaphylactic allergies. You will need to provide an EpiPen and an action plan prior to the first day of class. The Lower School Nurse is available between 1:30 – 3:45 p.m. After 3:45 p.m., an Athletic Trainer is on campus if needed. Our Hawks' Club teachers are also trained in CPR, First-Aid, and EpiPen procedures. Once your child has completed his or her 6-week, 8-week, or 10-week class, we will send all medications home with your child.
ATTENDANCE: If your child needs to miss a day, please email Freya Hamilton so that we know your child is in the correct place at the right time. Please call or text Mrs. Hamilton about last-minute changes at 704-560-8034.
POLICIES AND BILLING:
- All children enrolled in the Enrichment Program will be under the supervision of the Hawks' Club Program teachers.
- If your child is not currently enrolled in Hawks' Club, there will be an additional $50 fee to participate in each 10-week activity, $40 for an 8-week class and $30 for a 6-week class. Fees cover snacks and Hawks' Club supervision before class, during class and at dismissal time of your selected activity. If you are enrolled in Hawks' Club on the day of your chosen activity, you will not incur this fee.
- All payments are to be made online. No cash or checks are accepted. We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX)
- All payment is due in full at the time of registration. You have 20 minutes to complete your registration before your session times out. A spot will not be held if you register but do not complete payment.
- Refund Policy: There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes. No refunds will be given after the first class session unless it is due to an emergency situation. Please email Freya Hamilton if this situation applies to your child.
- Cancellation of a Class: Charlotte Latin reserves the right to cancel any class for which there is not adequate enrollment. If a class is canceled due to inadequate enrollment, you will be notified via email and issued a full refund.