Latin Arts Association
"Booster for the Arts"
Latin Arts Association is proud of its role in supporting the tremendous momentum the arts are experiencing at Charlotte Latin School. LAA is the umbrella organization that supports, enhances, and promotes the arts community at Latin. We provide both financial and impressive volunteer support to arts programs at Latin, including:
- Choral and Instrumental Music
- Creative Writing
- Speech and Debate
- Theater Arts
- Visual Arts
Latin arts programs excel at regional and national levels as shown by:
- Numerous superior ratings in Wind, Orchestra, and Choral Ensembles
- Multiple Blumey Award nominations for Excellence in High School Musical Theater
- Record-setting Gold and Silver Key Awards in the Scholastic Art and Creative Writing Awards competition
LAA membership supports a wide range of arts programs and projects in every grade and every division at Latin.
The following are some recent examples of LAA’s funding and volunteer support:
- Workshops and visiting artists in theater, music, visual arts, creative writing, and film
- Lower School Musical and Grandparents’ Day
- Middle School Music Consortium
- Creation of Middle School arts-focused clubs
- Upper School Visual Arts equipment and technology
- Concordia art mobile installed in Admissions Lobby
- Extraordinary instrument needs for LS, MS and US
- Blue Review Creative Writing Magazine Coffee House
- Entrance banners promoting arts events on campus
- All School & Senior Art Shows at the Mint Museum and Spirit Square
- Student recognition in all arts departments and year-end events
Grand Patron: $125
Grand Patrons receive a LAA branded mask. Priority seating for two at the Upper School Musical will be given if applicable.
Support the arts through your purchase of The New Idea. This 260-page coffee able book is a masterpiece of student and alumni work dating back to 1987.
Artwork by Mallory Evans ’18