Charlotte Latin School's mission is to encourage individual development and civility in our students by inspiring them to learn, by encouraging them to serve others, and by offering them many growth-promoting opportunities.
From our Founders' vision in 1970 to create an inclusive school where academic excellence is encouraged, leadership is cultivated, liberal arts are valued, and phonics-based reading is essential, Latin has educated thousands of students in the importance of learning, citizenship, service to others, hard work, and Honor Above All.
- Charlotte Latin offers a safe place for children to express themselves and learn. Each student at Latin is known as an individual and as a vital member of our School family.
- Relationships are key. Our faculty and staff teach, coach, encourage, support, and care for our students.
- Latin partners with parents to provide a moral community for our students. We believe in keeping children appropriately young. We also extend priority to admissible siblings in grades where space allows.
- Academic excellence and highly-skilled teachers are the foundation of our school. Like our students, we care for our faculty and staff.
- We value diversity and inclusion. Latin originated as the first K-12 school in Charlotte to open integrated. We have always met the demonstrated needs of our accepted students and celebrate the diversity of interests, talents, and experiences in our student body.
We remain true to our Core Values and intentionally incorporate leadership, commitment to excellence, responsibility, respect, and Honor Above All into our daily lives.