All interested families are encouraged to apply for admission to Charlotte Latin. We understand that choosing an independent school education for your child is a major philosophical decision and a significant financial commitment.
Latin offers only need-based financial assistance. All families who are applying or have current students at Latin are encouraged to apply for financial assistance.
Financial aid is available through the School's financial aid fund or from one of the scholarship endowments established by donors to provide financial assistance for Latin students. The goal of financial assistance is to provide the opportunity for academically qualified students to attend Charlotte Latin, regardless of their financial need.
Links to apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships are in the "How to..." instructions on this page.
Chris Downing, Director of Financial Aid
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Application Deadlines
- How to Apply for Scholarships
- Malone Scholars School
- Complete the Financial Aid application when you complete the online admissions application, available here on November 1, 2018.
- Submit all requested information by the deadline to SSS (Financial Aid need assessment of the National Association of Independent Schools).
- 2-3 weeks after submission, Charlotte Latin receives a report and the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- The completed file is reviewed by the School’s Financial Aid Committee. A student’s need is calculated by using the appropriate annual tuition minus the EFC.
- Once an applicant has been accepted for admission to the School, the Committee will send a letter to the applicant's family stating the amount of any financial aid that will be awarded.
- The Financial Assistance process and the Application process occur at the same time but are independent of one another. Please do not wait for your admissions decision to apply for financial aid. In doing so, the available monies may be already allocated.
- You must complete the financial aid application before you can be considered for a scholarship.
- Contact Christopher Downing, Director of Financial Aid, at 704.841.7470 or email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- The financial aid process is confidential.
- While the Committee attempts to meet the demonstrated need of the applicants, rarely will it provide an award that is equal to 100% of the tuition and fees.
Scholarship applications are separate from Financial Aid and the Admissions Application process. Charlotte Latin has ten endowed scholarship funds for students in grades 6–12; students eligible for aid are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
All scholarships are need-based. We do not offer merit scholarships.
The Malone Scholarship is merit- and need-based. It is available to highly capable. motived students in grades 7 to 12 who also have demonstrated need.
Thank you to our generous donors for endowing the following scholarship funds:
- Barnhardt Minority Scholarship
- Charlotte Latin School Scholarship
- The Collins Lower School Scholarship Fund
- Edward E. Ford Foundation Scholarship
- Elizabeth Price Van Every Scholarship
- The Freno Scholarship
- Malone Family Foundation Scholarship
- R.T. Dooley - Matthew 25 Scholarship
- SOAR Scholarship
- William Randolph Hearst Scholarship
The Malone Scholarship is a scholarship for highly capable, motivated students in grades 7 through 12 based on merit and financial need.
Charlotte Latin School is proud to be North Carolina's only Malone Scholars School, endowed by the Malone Family Foundation to provide scholarships to highly capable students. There are 50 independent schools throughout the U.S. selected by the Malone Family Foundation for "their academic caliber; the quality of their staff; excellent accommodations for gifted and talented students; strong AP/IB and enrichment programs; attention to the individual student's needs, interests and talents; financial strength and stability; a commitment to financial aid; and an economically, culturally, ethically, and socially diverse population."
The Malone Scholars Program endows scholarships for motivated, exemplary students in grades seven through 12 based on merit and financial need.Learn more about Dr. John C. Malone, founder of the The Malone Family Foundation.
Questions about the Malone Scholarship? Email Chris Downing, Director of Director of Financial Aid.