Applications for Kindergarten–Grade 12 must be received in the Admissions Office no later than January 15, 2019. Following our January 15 application deadline, Charlotte Latin School enters rolling admissions.
Decision letters for Kindergarten will be emailed on February 22, 2019, and letters for Grades 1–11 will be emailed on March 29, 2019.
Step One: Come Visit!
Once on campus, our goal is to step back and show you the opportunities Latin offers. We give one-on-one tours by appointment daily and host expansive Open Houses with rich programming as well as smaller, intimate Look@Latin sessions with specific topics designed for busy people.
Start the process. Create an account with our online application system to schedule your visit and begin next steps.
Your online account will be your #1 navigational tool and will guide you every step of the way. It will prompt you (and give you peace of mind) to schedule visit days, submit materials, locate forms, meet deadlines and know about all our campus events. Along with our software and our willingness to answer any question any time, our goal is to eliminate all of the guesswork so that you can simply enjoy learning about Latin.
All applicants take a standardized assessment; in all cases, these tests need to be scheduled in advance. For the WPPSi and WISC-IV tests, parents will be asked by the practitioner to sign a validity form indicating the applicant has not been tested (or coached) within the calendar year.
- Grades TK-1 applicants take the WPPSi. Please refer to the CAIS brochure for all details. Updated brochure will be available in September.
- Grades 2-4 applicants take the WISC-iV. Please refer to the CAIS brochure for all details. Updated brochure will be available in September.
- Grades 5-11 applicants take the ISEE. Please refer to the ISEE website. All Middle and Upper School testing needs to be completed and submitted by March 1.
The Charlotte Latin School admissions policies are established to support the School’s mission: To encourage individual development and civility in our students by inspiring them to learn, by encouraging them to serve others, and by offering them many growth-promoting opportunities.
From kindergarten to Grade 12, our admissions process is designed to seek prospective students with a variety of interests, talents and experiences who will contribute to both the strength and energy of our School environment. Additionally, we seek applicants who will add to Latin’s ethnic, religious and socioeconomic diversity. Family commitment to supporting the educational and moral growth of our students is an integral part of the life of Charlotte Latin School.
Charlotte Latin School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin or any other protected class in the administration of its educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid policies, employment practices or other School-administered programs.
- What are the primary entrance grades?
- Why do you start in Kindergarten, at age five?
- When do I apply?
- Do you accept students in other grades?
- Do you offer financial aid and scholarships?
- What do I need to do to complete my application?