Latin's College Counseling Office guides our students and families through the college admissions process. Staffed by three full-time counselors, a registrar, an administrative assistant, and two essay specialists, College Counseling ensures our students' continued success after Latin at respected colleges and universities, both here and abroad.
Through one-on-one meetings, parent info sessions, and college representative visits on campus, students and their families are introduced to the many possibilities open to them after graduation.
Counselors help students determine which schools best meet their needs and interests. They work with them on test prep, strategies for effective interviews, and how to craft essays that highlight their individual strengths. Support is individualized and proactive, empowering students to take ownership of the process.
Services offered include:
- extensive individual advising sessions
- parent meetings and seminars
- seminars for students at every grade level
- essay review and feedback
- application review (counselors read every application before they are submitted)
- test prep guidance
- school selection guidance
- application scheduling and planning the senior year
- on-campus visits by 100+ college representatives each year
The College Counseling Office is open throughout the year for appointments and student drop-in.
Learn more about College Counseling in the 2019–2020 Upper School Profile.