Welcome to Charlotte Latin School!
Choosing the best school community for your children is a critical decision. We all want a school with dedicated teachers who bring learning to life and stretch our children’s minds to achieve their full potential. At Latin, crafting an education that is individualized and personal is important to our faculty. In addition, we want our students to grow up with strong character to be leaders with confidence. Leadership, honor, work ethic, friendship, teamwork, inclusivity, empathy, and compassion are taught not only in the classroom, but also on the athletic field, the stage and in clubs, and organizations. The diverse breadth of experiences to be tried, honed, and developed at Latin are enhanced even further by the diversity of its people. There is no better school in Charlotte to partner in parenting and raising your children than Charlotte Latin School.
Charlotte Latin is a community that is intentionally designed to capture every teachable moment as each year builds on the next, pedagogically and personally. The words Honor Above All are above the doors in every classroom raising each student’s sights, both literally and figuratively, to grow into his or her full potential as a student and a person. Our 128 contiguous acres provide a setting with plenty of green space for children to explore, while state-of-the art facilities like our new Inlustrate Orbem Building, world-class Horne Performing Arts Center, nationally-known Fab Lab, Beck Student Activities Center, and eight athletic fields provide the space for children that enhances their educational setting.
While facilities and technology are critical today, they don’t replace excellent teaching that sparks curiosity and inspires a lifetime love of learning. At the end of the day, it is our students, faculty, coaches, and staff that make Charlotte Latin a great school.
The only way to understand Latin’s most important element — its people — is to schedule a visit and come see for yourself. Our campus community is a happy place — one which is best experienced firsthand than read about online.
Come visit Charlotte Latin!
Head of School
I was initially attracted to Charlotte Latin because of its national reputation for academic excellence, but the reason I fell in love with the school is its strong sense of community.
Head of School
Meet the Administrative Team
- Chuck Baldecchi, Head of School
- Joanne Beam, Interim Director of Development
- Fletcher Gregory, Associate Head and Chief Financial Officer
- Mark Tayloe, Head of Lower School
- Todd Ballaban, Head of Middle School
- Lawrence Wall, Head of Upper School
- Susan Carpenter, Director of Marketing & Communications
- Bill Freitas, Chief Technology Officer
- David Gatoux, Director of Athletics
- Beth Lucas, Director of Human Resources
- Mary Yorke Oates ’83, Director of Admissions
- Latoya Pousa, Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Sonja Taylor, Assistant Head of School for K–12 Curriculum and Instruction, Equity, and Strategic Initiatives