Explore Our Campus
With 128 acres including academic and support buildings, gardens, athletics fields and facilities, playgrounds, woods, and even a lake, Latin boasts the largest, greenest campus of any Charlotte independent school.
Our campus is an outdoor classroom. Teachers frequently move from their classrooms to the out-of-doors for everything from regattas in the lake (testing student boat engineering and construction skills) and limnology (lake) studies in science class to art projects where students can spread out across the lawns. The outdoor classroom also provides areas for quiet reading and study as well as experiential learning through our Hawk's Quest program.
Sculpture and gardens enhance the common areas around campus including 22 gardens and numerous sculptures by world-renowned artists and a tranquil park-like setting.
- Inlustrate Orbem Building (Admissions, College Counseling, Upper School)
- Fennebresque Hall (Head of School's Office, Human Resources, Business Office)
- Horne Performing Arts Center
- Knight-Dickson Library
- Extended Day
- Claudette B. Hall Lower School
- The Nest, Grade 5 classrooms, Carol Hall
- Shelton Hall
- Founders' Hall
- McIntosh Leadership Center (opening 2020)
- Edward J. Fox, Jr. Middle School
- Science, Art & Technology Building
ATHLETICS & SOUTH CAMPUS
R - Baseball Field
S - Coaches’ Pavilion
T - Athletic Fields
U - Softball Field
V - Tennis Courts
W - South Campus Hub
X - SwimMAC