Charlotte Latin School's mission is to encourage individual development and civility in our students by inspiring them to learn, by encouraging them to serve others, and by offering them many growth-promoting opportunities.
From our Founders' vision in 1970 to create an inclusive school where academic excellence is encouraged, leadership is cultivated, liberal arts are valued, and phonics-based reading is essential, Latin has educated thousands of students in the importance of learning, citizenship, service to others, hard work, and Honor Above All.
- Latin is a safe place for children to express themselves and learn. Each student at Latin is known as an individual and as a member of our school family.
- Relationships are key. Our faculty and staff teach, coach, encourage, support, and care for our students.
- Latin partners with parents to provide a moral community that counter-balances contemporary culture. We believe in keeping children appropriately young.
- Academic excellence and highly-skilled teachers are the foundation of our school.
- We value diversity and inclusion. As a community of learners, we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment that accepts and honors all people.