All interested families are encouraged to apply for admission to Charlotte Latin. We understand that choosing an independent school education for your child is a major philosophical decision and a significant financial commitment.
Latin offers need-based financial assistance. All families who are applying or have current students at Latin are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
Financial aid is available through the School's general financial aid fund, or in the form of scholarship endowments established by donors specifically to provide financial assistance for Latin students. The goal of financial assistance is to provide the opportunity for academically qualified students to attend Charlotte Latin, regardless of their financial status.
All families with current students or those applying for Kindergarten through Grade 12 are eligible to apply for School-sponsored tuition assistance.
Chris Downing, Director of Financial Aid
- Complete the Financial Aid application when you complete the online admissions application.
- Submit all requested information by the deadline to SSS (Financial Aid need assessment of the National Association of Independent Schools).
- 2-3 weeks after submission, Charlotte Latin receives a report and the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- The completed file is reviewed by the School’s Financial Aid Committee. A student’s need is calculated by using the appropriate annual tuition minus the EFC.
- Once an applicant has been accepted for admission to the School, the Committee will send a letter to the applicant's family stating the amount of any financial aid that will be awarded.
- The Financial Assistance process and the Application process occur at the same time but are independent of one another. Please do not wait for your admissions decision to apply for financial aid. In doing so, the available monies may be already allocated.
- You must complete the financial aid application before you can be considered for a scholarship.
- Contact Christopher Downing, Director of Financial Aid, at 704.841.7470 or email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- The financial aid process is confidential.
- While the Committee attempts to meet the demonstrated need of the applicants, rarely will it provide an award that is equal to 100% of the tuition and fees.
Scholarship applications are separate from Financial Aid and the Admissions Application process. Charlotte Latin has ten endowed scholarship funds for students in grades 6–12; students eligible for aid are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
All scholarships are need-based. We do not offer merit scholarships.
Thank you to our generous donors for endowing the following scholarship funds:
- Barnhardt Minority Scholarship
- Charlotte Latin School Scholarship
- The Collins Lower School Scholarship Fund
- Edward E. Ford Foundation Scholarship
- Elizabeth Price Van Every Scholarship
- The Freno Scholarship
- Malone Family Foundation Scholarship
- R.T. Dooley - Matthew 25 Scholarship
- SOAR Scholarship
- William Randolph Hearst Scholarship