The mission of the Global Studies Department at Charlotte Latin School is to cultivate global mindfulness in our students as citizens who value both the commonalities and differences among peoples.Students will develop awareness, respect, and appreciation for their local community which extends to the greater world, while practicing civility and the skills required of global leaders meeting the challenges of the 21st Century.
Latin's student body reflects the global community, with students from every continent except Antarctica represented. The Global Studies program includes:
- Model U.N. for Middle and Upper School Students
- Guest Lecturers from around the world. Past speakers include Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel, Chinese poet Bao Din and Pulitzer Prize winning author, Dith Pran.
- Study Abroad opportunities during the summer and the academic school year including Spain, Italy, Argentina, Italy, Germany and England
Charlotte Latin has a long-standing relationships with eight sister schools:
- Colegio de Marin in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Luzhou Laojiao Tianfu Middle School in Luzhou City, Sichuan Province, China
- Sainte Marie Grand LeBrun in Bordeaux, France
- Jugenddorf Christophorusschule in Oberurff, Bad Zwesten, Germany
- Istituto Russell Guastalla in Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Hilton College in Lion's River Magisterial District, KwaZula Natal, South Africa
- St. Anne's Diocesan College, Hilton, South Africa
- Colegios Gredos San Diego in El Escorial, Madrid, Spain